“Surround yourself with people you admire and respect. When you work with someone better than you, your performance will improve.”
This is something my dad always told me when I was younger and I feel with each passing day. Working or socialising with smarter people helps retain a sharpness in the thought process, as well as building up a practical sense to resolving problems. Being the smartest among the pack may get you to the top, but like the full-moon, the only open path would be to wane and fade.
The other ones I liked from the list are:
- First recognize that you are responsible for your own future.
- Mission statements for your organization and life are key to enlightened work. The mission statement is a compass to guide your priorities and decisions so you do not become lost in day-to-day activities.
- Your self-confidence increases when you know you have done good work. Good results come from healthy self-esteem.
- Speak your mind and share your ideas. Do not keep them to yourself.
- Under-promise and over-deliver. Keep all commitments.
- Be flexible and learn to live with uncertainty.
- Celebrate the successes of others.
- Wealth and power won’t make you happy. Health, love, and peace of mind will.”Peace of Mind” = Definitely
P.S: And yeah… am married to a smart guy too.