Okie…finally I have managed to find quite a few “definitions” of tagging and to help other hapless souls am posting them here:
Karthik: This is what I derived.Book tagging is so bloggers can know about each others reading intrests. Also the public can jump from one blog to another and see what the bloggers friends read. Hope that helps and if someone feels that there is a greater purpose, please let me know.
Salty: It’s quite simple – if someone tags you, all you have to do is answer the same set of questions. So go ahead, consider yourself Tagged!
Okie…so now since i have been tagged twice over by sukanyadi and salty..lemme try my hand at this. Since there are different sets of questions on their respective blogs, i’ll combine the two.
1.Total books I own:-approx 400-500 (not sure though)
2. Last book I bought:-Snow Falling on Cedars(David Guterson’s ).
3. Last book I read:-Angela’s Ashes (Francis McCourt) Memoirs of a Geisha (Arthur Dalton) Five Point Someone (Chetan Bhagat) The BookSeller of Kabul (Asne Seierstad) Da Vinci Code (Dan Brown)
4. Books that mean a lot to me: Little Women(Louisa M Alcott) Godfather(Mario Puzo) Exodus(Leon Uris), টেনিদা সমগ্র (Tenida Samagra)(Narayan Gangopadhyay) Complete Works of Sarat Chandra Chattopadhyay, Love Letters – Khalil Gibran, Rajshingha (Bankim Chandra Chatterjee) and all the Pujabarshiki Anandamelas that i have collected over the years.
5. A book that’s on its way out of your house as you write this:River Sutra (Gita Mehta)
6. The book I found most disappointing:Fountainhead (Ayn Rand)
7. Funniest book I ever read:Summer Lightning (P.G.Wodehouse)
8. Books I want to read but have never been able to:Mighty Heart (Marianne Pearl)–But there are so many more that I cant remember just now
9. 5 people I’ve now tagged:ummm…only my husband.